Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sitting in Dave and Gwen's babysitting Lucy. Beth has been holding her since we got here, and she just woke up all smiles and happy. Seems like that's her usual personality. Lucy will be the hardest part of leaving... Speaking of leaving, less than 20 days til our departure. Things are coming together, with much more yet to do. It seems we're frequently being reminded it does no good to worry, to trust God and things will work out. And they are. He's brought just the right renters for our home, things are getting packed away, the logistical things are being accomplished, we've closed on the condo in Denver (Where Bryan and Lexi seem to have comfortably settled), to name a few. Doesn't mean we're sleeping well, or not stressing, but we recognize His goodness through it all. I'm often asked "How's retirement?" It's been two weeks, and I've been plenty busy, so I don't feel 'retired'. The people in my area at work made it nice w/a cake, a card, and a financial gift. I went at the right time, in the right way (for me), and I have no regrets. It's good to have direction, for sure. We're still trying to figure this whole iPad/blog thing out. There's lots of photos on it, but can I get them linked? So far not. Still not sure how that's gonna work when when we're in Africa. Bear with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment