Thursday, February 13, 2014

Paolo's Tricycle

One of the first things I saw on the night of our arrival was a broken tricycle in the yard.  I didn't give it much thought, figuring it was one of those things who's usefulness was over, and had reached it's final resting place.  Wrong.  Several times a day I've seen Paolo 'take it for a spin'.  No, he can't ride it, it's missing one wheel, and the other two are broken.  They're those hollow plastic ones which are just floating on the axles.  But he does laps around the house with it, or makes patterns in the dirt.  It's still valued, and it's his.  We are valued, and we are His...
Yesterday we went into town, Garoua proper.  It's more orderly here than in Uganda.  Infrastructure seems better, working traffic lights, etc.  No one speaks english, though, so that will be a constant challenge.  We took two of the other students as our interpreters/helpers.  They don't speak english, either, but they got us there and back.  Still no Congolese, two are expected this evening.

1 comment:

  1. A good parallel re: Paolo's tricycle. I think of God making patterns in the dirt with me, even though I am broken. I'm glad he hasn't given up. Thanks for that image….

    ReplyDelete