Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tonight we’ll start class; one hour orientation, syllabus, responsibilities, communication.  This morning we went to the local market with Rebecca.  Seems this is where she does most of her food shopping for the week.  Typical African open air market, I think.  Hundreds of vendors with their wares spread before them.  Nearly everything one needs:  staples, produce, clothes, shoes, cookware, shoes, you name it.  Very crowded, noisy, and colorful.   We walked there, but rode moto taxis back.  Good thing, too, I was losing circulation in my hands, cut off by the ‘handles’ of the bags I was carrying.  Time to learn how to carry things on my head.   Hard to get a feel from the pictures (we try not to offend with the camera), but a very interesting morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment